Saturday 6 December 2014

4 Steps To Creating A Meaningful Relationship.


By Victor Akran

It is very easy to claim you are in love with someone. But the big question is are you really in love?  A lot of people claim they have fallen in love and at the slightest provocation, they break up. Truth is, if you were the other person, would you date you? Hmmmm?!!!
A lot of us are here hoping to find that one special person and I know this one year is too long a time to actually start something meaningful. So start now. Try these four steps:



Step 1. Choose someone that's right for you

Most guys would want to get all the fair girls and the ones with 'potentials'. Neglecting the core indicators of compatability. A girl is looking for a guy with 6 packs, tall and from a rich family. Am not saying all these are not necessary, but they are not important. A right person is someone you share common interests with, someone that can dive into your world without stress. Some girls would say I like this guy just because of the way he makes me feel. A feeling cannot last. You have to be sure what you feel can stand the test of time.  Choosing a girl or saying yes to a guy goes beyond physical looks. That might be the basis for attraction, but you need to access further. Two people with anger issues might not flow together because nobody is ready to chill for the other. It would end in an 'explosion'. So choose right.

Step 2. Getting to know the person

Youths of nowadays don't want to talk. I meet you, let's go out and have fun, let's go a club, then we go to my house, then we are right for each other.  It so doesn't walk that way. I must really spend time with you to know the stuff you carry.  There's  a saying that the real you is you under pressure. So you must study the person when it is good and when things are not so fantastic. Some people change totally when they are angry. The would like to break things to ease the anger, so if you are not the type that can handle such, you'll know only if you take time to study the person. When things are not smooth, the content of what you carry shows. So try to spend time with this person. Talk. Talk. Talk. It's never too much.

Step 3. Make them their best self

If you are trying to win someone, you must help with virtually everything. Some girls would say I have a guy to call when I just want to talk, I have one that would take me out wherever I feel like, I have one that would make feel like a lady and so on. To make your intentions clean and clear, you must be able to provide all. When she wants to talk, you should be the one, when she wants to have fun, it should be you. When you are there when she is happy and you share the moment and when she's in a bad mood and you share the moment with her, she would always want to be around you. Try it. It works.

Step 4. Build trust

This I'll say is one of the things that can sustain a relationship. Trust is not bought. It is earned. You must have done something to earn it.
The dictionary defines Trust as the trait believing in the honesty and reliability of someone. A relationship built on trust is that relationship that would last. To me, I feel the word 'I TRUST YOU' is a complete declaration of love. Why? Look at it this way, I can say I love you but I don't trust you. It's possible. But I can I trust, that's why I love you. Let me explain. A girl who has this promiscuous boyfriend says, I love him, but I don't trust him around my friend. Why is that, because she has fallen in love without establishing a level of trust. So she goes 'he likes women too much' and the problems would set in.  On the flip side, she says this guy might not be all that, but I trust him because, he's trust worthy. Even if what she feels for him is not all that, it begins to grow because trust was built.

2 comments:

  1. For me, the trust scores highest in building a r/ship, cos no matter how right you are together, or how peeps hear wedding bells when they see y'all together, when you have trust issues in the r/ship; you have major problems. I think it can be solved by talking, and behaving in the manner to earn our partner's trust. Thumbs up to writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree. It is the hardest to accomplish, and still the most important.

      Delete